Buenos Aires's BEST Hotel? You HAVE to See Hotel Internacional!

Hotel Internacional Buenos Aires Argentina

Hotel Internacional Buenos Aires Argentina

Buenos Aires's BEST Hotel? You HAVE to See Hotel Internacional!

Hotel Internacional: Buenos Aires, You've Got Mail… and Maybe a Perfect Stay? (Let's See…)

Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because I'm about to spill the tea, the mate, and maybe even the dulce de leche on Hotel Internacional in Buenos Aires. Is it the "best" hotel? Well, that's a loaded question, like asking if tango is better than futbol. But after spending a week there, navigating the city's chaotic charm, and battling my own internal critic (a real drama queen, I tell ya!), I've got some sincere thoughts.

(SEO & Metadata Alert: Hotel Internacional, Buenos Aires, Argentina, Luxury Hotel, Accessibility, Spa, Pool, Restaurant, Wi-Fi, Reviews, Best Hotel, Travel, South America, Things to Do, Safe Travel)

First impressions? Woah. The lobby is…grand. Think marble, sweeping staircases, and enough polished surfaces to blind a magpie. They definitely lean into the "International" part of the name. And, thankfully, they appear to care about everyone.

Accessibility? Right off the bat, a big thumbs up. Wheelchair accessible throughout, with ramps and elevators galore. They've got facilities for disabled guests. This is important because, let’s be real, cobblestone streets are a nightmare. Details I didn't measure, but were clearly available. I even spotted a handy elevator. They also have CCTV in common areas (and CCTV outside property), which, while it makes me feel like I’m perpetually in a spy movie, is comforting too, especially in a new city.

Rooms: A Symphony of Comfort (Mostly) The room… It was a solid four-star-hotel room. Air conditioning blasted like a hurricane, which was a blessing after the Buenos Aires summer sun. Free Wi-Fi (thank heaven – Wi-Fi [free] in all rooms!) and a desk that actually fit my laptop (a small win). Internet access – wireless and Internet access – LAN too, so you can tether yourself to the grid in whatever way tickles your fancy. They had a Mini bar that had me constantly resisting the urge to raid it. Blackout curtains were a lifesaver for catching a few extra Zzz’s after drinking the night away. Although, I swear the alarm clock went off at 4 AM one morning. No idea why…but the wake-up service clearly needs some perfecting. Hey, nobody’s perfect!

The bathroom? Clean. Not squeaky clean, like a hospital, but clean, and with (hallelujah!) decent water pressure. The towels were fluffy and the bathrobes were…well, the kind you wear once and hope nobody sees you in. A shower big enough for two, which is always a plus, and the additional toilet was a bonus. There was even a mirror (yes, I checked). Oh, and important: Hair dryer. Saved my life, honestly. I did see slippers, a safe, and a refrigerator there as well.

Now, for the things they could improve… the soundproofing wasn't perfect. I could still hear the faint murmur of the city, and the occasional late-night tango practice coming from some crazy neighbors. It wasn’t so bad I couldn’t sleep (I travel with earplugs), but y'know… details like that can make or break a visit. I will add that they do have soundproof rooms available.

Cleanliness and Safety: The COVID Tango

Alright, let’s talk about the elephant in the room (or the virus, I suppose). Hotel Internacional seemed to be taking things seriously. Plenty of hand sanitizer stations around. They had Staff trained in safety protocol and clearly emphasized Anti-viral cleaning products. My room felt clean, and I found Rooms sanitized between stays. I did see Individually-wrapped food options and even some kind of Sterilizing equipment. Now, I didn't go sniffing around for evidence, but the overall vibe was reassuring. I will say, the Room sanitization opt-out available is a great option to give you the control.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Eat, Drink, and Be…Slightly Confused?

The food situation was… an adventure.

  • Breakfast [buffet]: The buffet was a mixed bag. The baked goods were, mostly, divine (we’re in Argentina, people!). I fell hard for the medialunas (the croissant-like pastries). However, the coffee was… well, it wasn't life-changing. And sometimes, the buffet felt a little chaotic. Like a herd of hungry tourists descending on a pile of scrambled eggs. There was, thankfully, Western breakfast stuff, with Asian breakfast things as well at the Breakfast [buffet].
  • Restaurants: The restaurants were a bit of a puzzle. There was an A la carte in restaurant and some Buffet in restaurant, but I never did get to the Asian cuisine. From what I saw, it was a mix of International cuisine in restaurant and Western cuisine in restaurant. I did enjoy the Coffee/tea in restaurant but sometimes, the service was a bit… slow. A little bit of the "Argentine Time" crept in. The menus, as I recall, had Vegetarian restaurant options and even some Salad in restaurant, but my attention was always on the Desserts in restaurant options.
  • Poolside bliss? I honestly never tried the Poolside bar, but the Pool with view was on point.

Things to Do (or Not): Relaxation Station

  • The Spa: Ah, the spa. The Spa/sauna, Steamroom, and Sauna. I might even have considered a Body wrap or Body scrub. In a moment of weakness after one very long day exploring the city, I indulged in a Massage. It was… okay. Not the worst massage I’ve ever had, but not the best either.
  • Gym/fitness: Fitness center looked clean, but I didn't want to be seen in gym clothes.
  • Swimming pool: The Swimming pool [outdoor], was gorgeous. I regret not going in!
  • Things to do: The Pool with view was perfect.

Services and Conveniences: A Mixed Bag

This is where Hotel Internacional gets a bit…scattershot.

  • The Good: Concierge was helpful. I managed to get a Taxi service and Car park [free of charge]. Laundry service, Dry cleaning, and the Ironing service were a lifesaver. Daily housekeeping was a blessing. They had a Gift/souvenir shop as well.
  • The Slightly Less Good: The Internet [LAN] was a pain. The Business facilities seemed a little outdated. There's even a Xerox/fax in business center. Reminds me of the 90s! The Cash withdrawal process was a bit clunky.

For the Kids (and the Kid in All of Us) I didn't see any actual kids there, so I can't comment on the Babysitting service or any Kids facilities they might have had. The Family/child friendly aspect is debatable as well. There was certainly nothing unfriendly about it, but it wasn't exactly a playground.

Getting Around: Taxi! Taxi!

Airport transfer was available, which is a must in Buenos Aires. Plenty of Taxi service, and some Car park [on-site] spaces.

In Conclusion: Worth the Trip?

Honestly? Yes. Hotel Internacional is a solid choice. It's not perfect, but it's comfortable, safe, and in a great location for exploring Buenos Aires. It's a reliable base camp for adventure. I gave it 4 out of 5 stars with a heavy dose of sentimentality. There were moments where I wanted to scream (mostly when I lost the room key), and moments where I felt like I was living in a travel magazine. Would I stay again? Absolutely. I'm already dreaming of those medialunas… and maybe this time I'll try the pool.

Escape to Paradise: Your Dream Farmhouse Awaits in Waskemeer!

Book Now

Hotel Internacional Buenos Aires Argentina

Hotel Internacional Buenos Aires Argentina

Buenos Aires Breakdown: Hotel Internacional & Beyond (aka "Send Help, I'm in Argentina…And It's Amazing")

Prologue: The Arrival - A Whirlwind of Misunderstandings & Unpacking Fury

Okay, so here I am. Buenos Aires. Argentina. After a flight that felt approximately the length of the Mississippi River (seriously, when will they invent comfortable airplane seats?!), I'm finally in the hallowed halls of the Hotel Internacional. Let’s just say the airport tango with the taxi driver was… an experience. My Spanish is still apparently stuck in “Hola, cerveza, por favor” territory, which didn’t exactly help when he tried to explain why the meter jumped five pesos in the time it took him to scratch his nose. (Suspect! I suspect everything now.)

The hotel itself? Charming, in a slightly-worn, "lived-in-by-generations-of-eccentric-relatives" kind of way. The lobby, bless its heart, smells faintly of old books and… uh… something else. Lavender, maybe? Or possibly a very determined mothball. Don’t get me wrong, I like quirky. But the lift? This tiny, creaking beast, felt like I was being transported into a very slow-motion episode of Tales of the Unexpected. I swear I heard it groan.

Unpacking was a disaster. My suitcase exploded like a poorly-planned clown car, spewing underwear onto the floor and souvenirs of questionable usefulness. Still, all is well that ends well. I am here, I am alive, and the hotel room, though small, has a window.

  • Time: Day 1, Midday (ish)
  • Action: Arrived at Ezeiza International Airport (EZE), endured taxi drama, checked into Hotel Internacional. Unpacked. Regretted decisions.
  • Emotional State: A delightful cocktail of jet lag, slight panic, and pure, unadulterated excitement.

Day 1: Lost in Translation, Found in Empanadas (And a Near-Disaster with a Coffee)

Right, first things first: FOOD. I’m operating on approximately zero hours of sleep, fueled by sheer willpower and a rapidly diminishing bag of airplane peanuts. I had researched "good empanada spots" before hand. I had not, however, researched "how to get to them."

The first few attempts at giving the waiter my order were… well, let's just say the guy looked at me like I'd sprouted third eye.

But then, magically, I found a tiny little place down some cobblestone street. I pointed at an empanada, mimed "Muy bien?" and the guy nodded, maybe thinking, "Poor tourist, clueless but hungry like everybody else."

And bless them, those empanadas. They were pure, flaky, cheesy, meat-filled heaven. It's like, all the frustrations of the day melted away with the first bite.

After, I tried to get a coffee. I asked for "Cafe con leche." the waiter looked at me, like I was utterly insane. Turns out, what he understood was, "You want a huge, milky latte? Here you go…" which was great, except it could have easily been used as a flotation device. And I swear, I think he might have been trying to sell me something. The whole thing was a chaotic ballet of bad Spanish and caffeine dependency.

I spent the rest of the afternoon wandering, getting hopelessly lost, and marveling at the glorious chaos of the city. I tripped over a dog (who didn’t even flinch), nearly got run over by a bus (also didn’t flinch), and witnessed a street performer juggling flaming bowling pins. It was a lot.

  • Time: Day 1, Afternoon/Evening
  • Action: Attempted to navigate the city, located a fantastic empanada place (name lost in the fog of memory), coffee-fueled near-death experience, general wandering.
  • Emotional State: From panicked tourist to semi-delirious, caffeine-buzzed explorer.

Day 2: The Tango Temptation (And My Complete Lack of Rhythm)

Okay, the Tango. It's Buenos Aires, it's unavoidable. I'd gone to a proper tourist trap. The tourist trap, probably. I’d envisioned myself, all grace and passion, dipping and twirling in a dramatic embrace.

Reality? Let’s just say I’m pretty sure I spent most of the lesson stomping on my partner's feet. I was not graceful. I was not passionate. I was… terrifying. My poor partner, a middle-aged gentleman named Ricardo, kept giving me these pitying glances that said, "Bless her heart, she tried."

Despite my utter lack of skill, there was something magical about the music, the atmosphere, the sheer exuberance of it all. I'm pretty sure I was the only one in the class who resembled a wounded, flailing penguin, but hey, I tried. I lived!

What I discovered? It's not just about the steps. It’s about the feeling. Even if that feeling is mostly "Oh god, I'm going to fall."

After, I wandered through the San Telmo market, which was absolute gold. Dust, antiques, weird vintage clothes, buskers, and the overwhelming aroma of leather. I bought a ridiculously oversized leather belt and a slightly-too-loud vintage scarf. Regrets? Zero.

  • Time: Day 2, Morning/Afternoon
  • Action: Tango lesson (disastrous but fun!), San Telmo market exploration.
  • Emotional State: Humiliated by my tango skills, but exhilarated by the energy of the city. Filled with the overwhelming urge to buy vintage clothes.

Day 3: Recoleta Cemetery & The Weight of the World (or at Least, My Luggage)

Recoleta Cemetery. I had expected solemn. What I found? Baroque architecture, mini-palaces, and a whole lot of history. The sheer opulence (and the sense of morbid finality) was genuinely breathtaking. Eva Perón’s grave was surrounded by people. I just found a quiet corner and tried to contemplate the meaning of life. Failed.

I visited the Floralis Genérica and, it was even more impressive in person - the thing is massive, and its beauty is incredible.

On the way back to the hotel, my luggage felt like it had somehow filled itself with iron ingots in the brief time I'd been out. Carrying everything, I had to pause on the footbridge that crosses the street, and was amazed how many people were walking across the bridge, and could not help but be emotional at that moment.

  • Time: Day 3, Afternoon
  • Action: Recoleta Cemetery visit, contemplating the universe (and the weight of my suitcase).
  • Emotional State: A mix of awe, melancholy, and mild orthopedic distress.

Day 4: The Great Steak Experiment (and a Glorious Food Coma)

Alright, the steak. I'm a vegetarian usually. However, everything I'd read, everything I'd been told, said, "You MUST eat steak in Argentina." So, I did.

I went to a place recommend (after several recommendations) and they were right. The steak was perfect. Cooked medium-rare, meltingly tender, just seasoned enough to let the beefy flavor sing. I ate far more than was sensible, and followed it up with an absurd amount of dulce de leche. I felt so at peace for a while I could not imagine how I would move even a centimeter.

  • Time: Day 4, Evening
  • Action: Steak-apalooza. Dulce de leche overload.
  • Emotional State: Utter bliss, followed by a food coma of epic proportions.

Day 5 & Epilogue: Adios Argentina (And My Ongoing Love Affair with Chaos)

The day before my departure. I spent all morning rushing, and trying to soak up every last drop of chaotic beauty.

I said goodbye to Ricardo, who, bless his heart, I'm pretty sure was relieved to see me go.

As I boarded the plane, facing the long flight home, I felt a pang of sadness. I was exhausted, slightly sunburned, and my Spanish remained woefully inadequate. I had also eaten enough meat to feed a small country.

But I also felt… alive. This trip, despite the occasional meltdown, food-related challenges, and general disorientation, had been an unqualified success.

Next time, I will learn more Spanish, and I'll stop being so terrified of the coffee. Until then…

  • Time: Day 5, Morning
  • Action: Packing, final wanderings, farewells.
  • Emotional State: Bittersweet contentment, a promise to return, and a deep, abiding respect for the power of the Argentinian experience.
Escape to Gouvy: Luxurious Cottage with Bubble Bath Bliss!

Book Now

Hotel Internacional Buenos Aires Argentina

Hotel Internacional Buenos Aires Argentina```html

Hotel Internacional: Expect the Unexpected (and Maybe Some Dust Bunnies) - FAQs You Actually Need

Okay, spill it. Is Hotel Internacional *really* the best hotel in Buenos Aires?

Alright, here's the deal. "Best" is subjective, right? Like, if your idea of heaven is a sterile, perfectly-lit, corporate box, *run*. Run far, far away from Hotel Internacional. But if you're craving grit, character, stories, and a generous dose of *authenticity*, then buckle up, buttercup. This place… it's an experience. Forget Michelin stars; think more… street art-infused soul food. I've stayed everywhere, from the Four Seasons (yawn) to hostels that smelled suspiciously of wet dog. This place? Different. It’s like stepping into a Carlos Gardel song… with slightly wonky plumbing. (More on that later… *shudders*). It *could* easily be the best, depending on your definition.

But *what* is it actually like inside? The photos I've seen are… varied.

Oh, the photos. Bless them. They tell a story, alright… a slightly *embellished* story. Imagine a grand old dame who's seen a few too many tango nights, a few too many bottles of Malbec. The lobby? Majestic, in a slightly faded way. Think high ceilings, ornate moldings… and maybe a strategically placed potted plant to distract from the, uh, *historical* wear and tear. My room? The first one – oh, the first one… Let’s just say the view of the internal courtyard was... intimate (read: directly into someone's laundry drying). The second one was better. Much better. Think of it as a beautifully upholstered sofa, a slightly wobbly lamp, and the faint, almost imperceptible aroma of… history? (Don't worry, I survived. And thrived!)

Let's talk about the *service*. Is the staff helpful, or are they… well, Buenos Aires-y? (You know…)

Okay, this is where things get… intriguing. The staff at Hotel Internacional are… *characters*. They’re not your overly-polished, robotic hotel drones. They're *real* people. The front desk guys? Some are absolute sweethearts, eager to help, recommending the best empanada joints with a twinkle in their eye. Others? Let's just say they have the 'Buenos Aires cool' mastered. You might encounter a slight delay in service. A *slight* wait. A *very* Argentinean wait. But it's part of the charm! They're helpful when you *really* need them, and trust me, I needed them when my internal courtyard room had a plumbing incident (more on that later, I promise!). They’re *definitely* not shy about their opinions, which I secretly loved. One of them told me my tango shoes were ‘terrible’. Brutally honest, I loved it.

Okay, about the plumbing. And the food. Can we get to the *nitty-gritty*?

Alright, alright. Let's get real. The plumbing… look. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn't. Pack a plunger. Just kidding… mostly. The food! Breakfast? Continental, basically. Croissants that are… well, *there*. Coffee that could wake the dead. The real culinary magic? Happens outside the hotel. Explore! Buenos Aires is a food paradise. Seriously, the empanadas alone are worth the trip. (Remember that front desk guy I mentioned? Follow his recommendations. Trust me).

So, that "plumbing incident"? Tell me EVERYTHING. Did you cry?

*Deep breath*. Okay, picture this: Day one. Jet-lagged, excited, ready to conquer Buenos Aires. Room… not ideal, but I thought, “Hey, character! This is *authentic*!” I went to take a shower after a long flight, and… *wham*. Within seconds, the bathroom was a mini-Niagara Falls of questionable water quality. Not a trickle, a FLOOD. I tried everything. Turning the taps, pleading with the showerhead, even considering calling upon whatever long-forgotten water deity existed in my memory. Nothing. Absolute chaos. I remember just standing there in my towel, staring at the rising tide of, well… you get the picture. I *may* have let out a small, involuntary yelp. I *may* have considered switching to dry shampoo for the rest of the trip. Then, the amazing staff saved the day. They swapped me for the previously-mentioned better room, and even offered *free* breakfast the next day as an apology. See? It’s all part of the *experience*! And honestly? It makes for a damn good story.

Is it a good place to stay for Solo Travelers? LGBTQA+?

Yes! Absolutely. I stayed there solo and felt very safe. The staff is welcoming and the neighborhood is pretty lively. The hotel feels like a home. I can't speak directly to it, but from a lot of the reviews, it seems to be a safe and inclusive place for the LGBTQA+ community. The vibes are very "accepting." Just relax and be yourself.

Okay, so would you recommend it? Honestly.

Look, if you're looking for flawless perfection, go somewhere else. Seriously. But if you're adventurous, open-minded, and appreciate a good story, then YES, absolutely. Hotel Internacional is imperfect, yes, but it’s also utterly unforgettable. It is truly a place to *experience*. Plus, where else are you going to get a plumbing disaster-turned-friendship-with-the-front-desk-guy story? It's the kind of place that stays with you long after you've checked out. I'm already planning my return. Just praying for a dry bathroom this time. And maybe, just *maybe*, I'll ask the front desk guy for his shoe recommendations. Wish me luck.
``` Top Places To Stay

Hotel Internacional Buenos Aires Argentina

Hotel Internacional Buenos Aires Argentina

Hotel Internacional Buenos Aires Argentina

Hotel Internacional Buenos Aires Argentina